Saturday, October 2, 2010

Afternoon Cream Tea

 
After much walking and shopping for necessary things: top up pay-as-you-go phone; replace defunct US hair dryer with a UK one; buy tights, lotion(skin dry), and waterproof, warm and comfortable shoes(yea!)--finally it is time for a tea break in the early afternoon.

I went to the John Lewis Department Store Cafe. Tea, hot water, milk, and a scone with clotted cream, which is something that I imagine angels must live on. See: fruit jam, butter, and clotted cream on a sultana scone. A proper scone is somewhere between an American buttermilk biscuit and a shortcake--our version of strawberry shortcake just isn't the same--a distant cousin, a make-do in the colonies. I couldn't finish my scone! I actually didn't need dinner after my breakfast and tea break today. A day of traditional treats.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment