Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lunch

I ate lunch today with a university professor at a nearby workshop/college for adults with autism and Asperger's--they are supported in using artistic skills to create things they sell in a gallery and those who can also work the adjoining cafe--I had homemade spinach and goat cheese pasties and organic lemon cake as I watched them all make more food--roll dough, etc. They had handforged knives(wow) and marbled paper planners and some other metalwork things in cases all made by the students. Pretty neat. Although sp ed is not my topic of study, I have been able to find out alot about mainstreaming while here, and there are many resources for teaching students with dyslexia and other disabilities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa- I'm following you now- it sounds like you are having a fabulous time. I can't wait to get there!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete